Do you care for a family member with a learning disability?
Carers in Hertfordshire is a registered charity which was set up by carers in 1995. The aims of the organisation are:
- To enable carers to participate in service planning and decision making
- To be a platform for the voice of carers
To support the delivery of these aims, the County Council and the local NHS funds Carers in Hertfordshire to reach family carers and support them to have a voice in the planning and performance review of health and social care services for:
- Carers themselves
- Children and Young People using Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services
- Adults with Mental Health issues
- Adults with Dementia
- Adults with Learning Disabilities
- Adults with Autistic Spectrum Conditions
- Adults who misuse Drug and/or Alcohol
If you would like to be a part of this, you can join the Learning Disability Carers Forum meetings, which provide carers with an opportunity to network with other carers, ask questions and gain information from service providers. The meetings also provide an important opportunity for service users to help shape the services they use. Currently meetings are held in Hatfield, but they are happy to hold meetings in other areas of the county and at different times, where there is interest.
You can download this flyer for more information or if you’d like printed copies of the flyer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org