SEND Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS)
As lockdown in the UK is extended, our providers of SEND services continue to look at different ways to support families.
We know that many families are struggling during this time and Hertfordshire's SEND Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) takes the wellbeing safety of families, their children and young people, staff and partners extremely seriously.
As with many services across Hertfordshire, at SENDIASS we have also reviewed our usual ways of working to ensure the health and safety of the team and the families we support. SENDIASS (Special Educational Needs Information Advice and Support Service), provides free, confidential and impartial advice to parents/carers of children and young people (aged 0-25) with special educational needs and/or disabilities.
Although working slightly differently in some ways we are still here for you.
To reflect UK Government advice on social distancing, some of the ways SENDIASS provides support will change:
- Staff are now working remotely and not offering face to face meetings with families, both in the community or at school.
- SENDIASS will not be able to attend meetings until further notice. Wherever possible alternative ways of working are being put in place such as virtual meetings instead of face to face.
- As always, SENDIASS is contactable by email or through their helpline to ensure that families still have access to the information, advice and support you need during this difficult time.
We know some families are using this time to start a EHCP application; we can help you with this and much more. We will be posting any important information that families may benefit from on the SENDIASS website as well as on the Local Offer.
The new SENDIASS website is also now live. :-
- To ensure that children, young people (CYP) and their parents have access to timely, accurate and impartial information advice and support.
- To make information is available to CYP aged 0-25 who have special educational needs and/or disability and parents, which enables them to take part in decisions.
- To empower families to secure good working relationships with all professionals involved, ensuring that their views are heard and listened to
Contact SENDIASS on:
01992 555 847